What Are the Different Types of Franchises?
The Benefits and Concerns of Each
The franchising world is big. There are many types of franchises that you can join to become a business owner with the help of a bigger brand. Read on to learn which type could be right for you.
Types of Franchises
This type is franchise is usually a small, home-run business. Examples include lawn care services, real estate, travel agency, and a company like JDog Carpet Cleaning and JDog Junk Removal.
- There are low start-up costs.
- You generally don’t need to manage a big team of employees.
- There is likely a limit to how much you can make without hiring a bigger team.
- You need to have the motivation to succeed.
This is a supplier-dealer relationship where the franchisee distributes the franchisor’s products. These are usually big-brand names. Some examples include GoodYear Tires and Chrysler.
- Customers will come to you because you sell a well-known brand.
- You are the business owner and won’t have much direction from the franchisor, which some people prefer.
- If the big brand has bad PR or a disliked product, your customers will associate you with the company.
- The company often does not supply an operating system for how to run your business, so you are on your own.
Business Format Franchise
This is the most well-known franchising system. You receive the systems, products, and marketing materials that allow you to fit in seamlessly with the brand. Examples include fast food, retail, and fitness establishments.
- You have access to the franchisor’s business model so you can be set up for successful operation.
- You have to work with the franchisor’s rules and standards.
JDog Brands Offers Franchise Opportunities for Veterans and Their Family Members.
JDog Brands is looking for like-minded individuals to join our franchise family. We offer franchising opportunities exclusively for Veterans and Military family members, who we find share our ethos of Respect, Integrity, and Trust. Does this sound like you? Call us today at 484-324-6444 for more information about how you can open your location in as little as eight weeks.