Which Type of Franchise is Right for You?
Your Three Options
Many people are surprised to learn there are different types of franchises you can choose from when you enter the world of entrepreneurship. It’s not always the fast-food restaurants you likely imagine. Today, we’re breaking down your options to help you decide which type of franchise is right for you.
Which Type of Franchise Is Right for You?
1. Job Franchise
This type of franchise is usually a small, home-run business. Examples include lawn care services, real estate, travel agency, and a company like JDog Carpet Cleaning and JDog Junk Removal.
- There are low start-up costs.
- You generally don’t need to manage a big team of employees.
- There is likely a limit to how much you can make without hiring a bigger team.
- You need to have the motivation to succeed.
2. Distribution Franchise
This is a supplier-dealer relationship where the franchisee distributes the franchisor’s products. These are usually big-brand names. Some examples include GoodYear Tires and Chrysler.
- Customers will come to you because you sell a well-known brand.
- You are the business owner and won’t have much direction from the franchisor, which some people prefer.
- If the big brand has bad PR or a disliked product, your customers will associate you with the company.
- The company often does not supply an operating system for how to run your business, so you are on your own.
3. Business Format Franchise
This is the most well-known franchising system. You receive the systems, products, and marketing materials that allow you to fit in seamlessly with the brand. Examples include fast food, retail, and fitness establishments.
- You have access to the franchisor’s business model so you can be set up for successful operation.
- You have to work with the franchisor’s rules and standards.
If You’re a Veteran or Military Family Member, JDog Brands Could Be Right for You.
From our franchisees, we expect Respect, Integrity, and Trust, which are the same values our customers have learned to expect from us. We offer franchising opportunities to Veterans their family members who we find share those principles from their time serving our country. Learn about our franchising opportunities today, and call us at 484-324-6444 to open your franchise location in as little as eight weeks!